Self Managed Investor Services (SMIS)
What is Self-Directed Investing (SDI’s)?
Self-directed investing is the activity of individual investors trading stocks, property, bonds, funds, and other securities on their own behalf. SDI’s typically use discount brokers, collect rents, manage their own properties and online trading, they don't rely on other people choosing what and when to buy and sell.
These DIY investors display several common behaviours:
1. The desire to craft their own investment plans based on their interests, capacity for risk, and long-term goals
2. The confidence to make their own trades, regardless of the sentiment of brokers, advisors, or the broad market
3. The willingness to perform their own research and the ability to act on that information
4. Willing to only get help in specific supported areas so as to maintain maximum control and minimise costs.
Rather than paying a typical financial manager 1% of your entire portfolio's value every year plus commissions and fees to make a couple of trades for you, you decide what to invest in and why.
Self Directed Investors still require a great deal of assistance so they can concentrate on what they really want to do best- Making Investment Decisions! That’s where SMIS can help.
The SFR Advisory Group offers a suite of services that supports the self-directed investor through its subsidiary Self Managed Investor Services Pty Ltd (SMIS).
SMIS service options include:
- – Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) administration and compliance advice
- – Tax advice on investments and structures
- – Estate planning advice to ensure all is covered
- – Tailored property advice and management
- – Buyer’s agent services for property investments
- – Research and updates on share market and property investments
- – Corporate action reports
- – Online portfolio access
- – Back office support
Self Funded Retirement Planners Pty Ltd (AFSL #229456)(ABN 69 093 267 531) T/A SFR Planners.
Self Managed Investor Services Pty Ltd (CAR 337261)(ABN 66 136 369 296)
AFSL Tax Advisers and Superannuation Advisers (Registered Tax Agent Number 24703433)